Adult programs at FPCA
FPCA provides opportunities for adults to experience spiritual growth, community, learning, and serving.
- Sunday School 9:45 – There are eight adult Sunday School classes that vary in size, format and that approach the study of the Bible in ways that are applicable for the class members who for some classes are sharing common life experiences and for others common faith experiences. The “Fixin’ to Join” class is offered periodically and is a good way to learn about FPCA.
- Women’s Ministry – The Women’s Ministry Team hosts activities and events that increase the fellowship, witness, and spiritual growth of the women of First Presbyterian Church of Arlington. Click here to read about the annual women’s spring retreat.
- Men’s Ministry – includes the Wednesday Morning Bible Study as well as attending conferences in the region.
Bible Study: The Wednesday Morning Men’s Bible Study meets between 8 and 9 AM in the Parlor. The group is studying the Revelation of John primarily using the commentary of William Barclay
Mo Ranch Men’s Conference: Each year a group of men from our church attend the Men’s Conference at Mo Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. The conference is a gathering of men who meet to worship together in Word, song and Sacrament. United in their bond with the Lord and moved by His Spirit, they engage in fellowship, study, recreation and ministry to each other. Through the gifts of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, they receive renewed strength to go forth and live daily, sharing the love of God, revealed in Jesus Christ, through words, deeds and activities.
- Porchlights – is an adult dining fellowship composed of groups of 6 to 8 people who meet in each other’s homes for dinner.
- Saints Alive – is an adult fellowship which meets once a month for a covered dish luncheon and a brief program. The group meets the third Thursday of the month, September through May, at 11:30.
- Happy Quilters – meet on Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm in room 204 to learn basic quilting skills and to build new friendships with ladies who are interested in the creative process of quilting. You do not need prior quilting experience to join and you can decide how much time you want to devote to each project. The group also does other types of creative projects such as needlepoint or cross stitch.
- Opportunities for Service – FPCA’s impact can be seen in our local community as well as abroad internationally. God has equipped each one of us with gifts to benefit others in the name of Christ. We prayerfully consider that you will offer your time, talents, and financial contributions to variety of organizations we support. If you are interested in serving, please click here to fill out a form and we will get back to you with upcoming opportunities.