Adult programs at FPCA
FPCA provides opportunities for adults to experience spiritual growth, community, learning, and serving. Our “Fixin’ to Join” Sunday school class is a great place to discover what FPCA is about. You may also consider attending a Sunday morning class. You can find more information by clicking here to read a description of our various classes. Check out the serve page for opportunities for individuals and families to serve near and far.
- Women’s Ministry – The Women’s Ministry Team hosts activities and events that increase the fellowship, witness, and spiritual growth of the women of First Presbyterian Church of Arlington. The women’s spring retreat will be March 31 – April 2 at Still Water Lodge and Retreat Center. Click here to read about the retreat. Click here to download a registration form.
- Men’s Ministry – The Men’s Ministry includes the Wednesday Morning Bible Study as well as attending conferences in the region.
Bible Study: The Wednesday Morning Bible Study meets between 7 and 8AM in the Parlor. The group is concluding a study of the Pentateuch and is in the book of Deuteronomy.
Mo Ranch Men’s Conference: Each year a group of men from our church attend the Men’s Conference at Mo Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. The conference is a gathering of men who meet to worship together in Word, song and Sacrament. United in their bond with the Lord and moved by His Spirit, they engage in fellowship, study, recreation and ministry to each other. Through the gifts of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, they receive renewed strength to go forth and live daily, sharing the love of God, revealed in Jesus Christ, through words, deeds and activities.
- Porchlights – Porchlights is an adult dining fellowship composed of groups of 6 to 8 people who meet in each other’s homes for dinner.
- Saint’s Alive – Saints Alive! is an adult fellowship which meets once a month for a covered dish luncheon and a brief program. The group meets the third Thursday of the month, September through May, at 11:30.
- Happy Quilters – Happy Quilters meets on Wednesdays from 10 am to 2 pm in room 204 to learn basic quilting skills and to build new friendships with ladies who are interested in the creative process of quilting. You do not need prior quilting experience to join and you can decide how much time you want to devote to each project.