The music ministry position of organist at First Presbyterian Church, Arlington is a 18 to 20 hour position with flexible office/practice hours and competitive salary commensurate with experience. FPC Arlington has a high standard of quality for musical offerings in worship.
The organist position requirements include:
- Undergraduate or graduate level organ degree or equivalent
- Service playing and choral/vocal accompanying for two traditional services on Sunday mornings (one chapel and one sanctuary service)
- Accompanying choirs, vocalists, or instrumentalists on piano as needed
- Accompanying of Wednesday evening rehearsals and some Sunday evening rehearsals
- Weddings and funerals
- Playing for seasonal services, as well as major choral presentations with organ and orchestra
- Coordination with music staff and pastoral staff
- Our sanctuary instrument is a two-manual Reuter (see stop list here) maintained by Dan Garland. We also have a two-manual Allen MDS-25 in our chapel.
- Other duties as assigned, including the possibility of directing a handbell ensemble
Statement on music ministry at First Presbyterian Church:
The music that we offer to God with voices and instruments is to be offered in an authentic, heart-felt, and excellent manner. The goal is to bring the best offering possible to God in worship, but excellence in performance is not an end in itself for the church musician. Excellence is a starting point to achieve the goals of the church: to glorify God, to edify believers, and to proclaim the good news of the Gospel.
Email resumes to Russell Farnell, Minister of Music